Thursday 23 June 2011

Making the ordinary extraordinary

On my way to Brisbane this morning I paused with about 2000 others in the midst of Mater Hill-meets-Woolloongabba. I think. There was this beautiful, delicate fern taking it all in from the second floor. Again I had cause to reflect on Dewitt Jones' (photographer extraordinaire) philosophy of viewing life through  a different lens, and making the ordinary extraordinary. So when my meeting didn't actually take place ... I just smiled. It was worth a two hour trip to see the fern. I think.   Only two more sleeps until 2QAQ meets again - this month we are progressing the Scapescrape workshop and we have some guest speakers who will be sharing their artistic  journey - can't wait to see what Jan and Sue have been up to ....

No comments: