Friday 3 August 2012

Finding the source

After a fruitless search for the original version of a leaf I recently took to a Sue Dennis workshop, I headed to "no-girls-land" up the hill. This is where a few acres are left as grass - inhabited by quail, coucal, kangaroos and slithery things in the summer. This weed provided a huge, hairy leaf which I pressed lightly then took to Sue Dennis's Leaf it Alone .  One person's pesky weed is a textile artist's treasure. Must pick and press these enormous beauties for future play - some of them are 30cm (12 inches) or more in length.   

2 comments:

Diane Wright said...

Your last post darn near made me weep...I AM going to need an OZ fix this next year after all. Keep in touch.

Judy said...

OMG I havent looked for several weeks and what a joy to see your stuff