Saturday 12 March 2011

Out of the box

In one of the shoe boxes in the cupboard behind the door beside the quilting table I found these ... various blocks for a sampler that I'd started some time ago and never put together. For various reasons they had stayed in the box.  All it took was a little bit of this, a little bit of that, some fudging and "that's-why-it's-in-the-box" moments and sometime tomorrow there will be a new little quilt with Lazareth like features. There might even be a better picture!
Today the WMBM was busy with kids so I took the opportunity to get back to basics. Get back to beyond the basics really as I drafted a block, made the templates, added the seam allowance, cut the pieces with scissors and pieced it together by hand. An absolute first for me to hand piece - something I've always avoided because it was going to be "too hard". I was reminded of Judith Baker Montano's motto: "only believe half of what you think".

No comments: