Saturday 21 May 2011

Dyeing and Printing Day

I dyed again today.  I still get a laugh from people when they ask what I'm up to on the weekend and the reply is a version of  "oh, I think I'll be dyeing".  Had a great time transforming fabrics with prints and finger-painting-on-glass mono print.  I learned how to combine black pigment with yoghurt-like goop (there is a technical name for all of this but I love goop)  and printed four different designs. Upper left is finger painting on glass and pressed onto PFD poplin, the middle black and white banner is created from 4 different wood blocks, the dark strip is actually black pigment and gold finger painting on glass pressed onto aubergine dyed poplin and the bottom piece is the same blocks used on hand dyed silk. It was a transforming experience on a number of levels and I had such a hoot of a day I forgot to have lunch! Now that is saying something .....

1 comment:

Judy said...

Clever and beautiful results