Sunday 7 November 2010

From the air ... Journal to Fruition III - going "live"

Nashville to Chicago
On our trip to the US in September one of the last legs was to fly to Chicago from Nashville to catch the mighty Amtrak South West Chief back to Los Angeles. Some people hate the time they spend in 'planes. I don't - I 'm not too impressed by the time spent in airports but I love getting into a tube of aluminium and  hurtling across the landscape. It's all about the different perspective. I love to journal the "blocks" - and one of the next "day projects" is to transform the journal drawing inspired by the view to an art quilt.  That's the plan for today ...and I have until 4pm when Lorraine and Keith come up to celebrate the removal of her plaster cast with ... Margaritas and kebabs on rosemary sticks ...  I'll keep posting as the day progresses - sort of my first live post ...

2 comments:

Kate said...

excellent idea - will check back through the day...

Unknown said...

Thanks Kate - I'm looking at how to incorporate the famous brand name aluminium you tortured and gave me - I've got some old needles I've put aside just for stitching your tin! Thanks again - catch up soon.