Friday 26 July 2013

Ruth Stoneley and A Stitch in Time @ QAG

This is one of my favourite photos of Ruth Stoneley and Judith Baker Montano. It was Ruth who took me on a magic art-quilt ride in 1991/1992 where I made my first two art quilts on a retreat at Griffith University, Nathan. It was around the same time I met JBM. An exhibition of Ruth's quilts, A Stitch in Time, is currently on show at the Queensland Art Gallery (Brisbane). So many memories of her shop (Patchwork Supplies) and evidence of her love of Houston TX, La Veta CO and adventures in Taos, NM are to be found in her quilts. Her passion for textiles, embroidery, patchwork and quilting continue to inspire. Don't miss this opportunity to share the works of one of our most intriguing, ground-breaking and generous quilters.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Saw her exhibition on Friday with friends

Charline said...

This is fantastic!