Saturday 9 July 2011

Finding myself ...

Progress is being made. I started to think about "found objects". It could be argued that 9pm and a glass of wine in hand may not be the best time to start a project. However, I have been looking at some "nests" made by Little Sister for our upcoming exhibition and how she had used old sewing patterns to great effect. The base fabric loosely represents part of a jacket pattern and my "Found Objects'  stamped fabric has been torn into strips and "rewoven" into the new me. The creative me. The textile arty me. In amongst the found objects, I have  a sense that I found myself.  No more peeks now until the big reveal @ 2QAQ. 

2 comments:

Judy said...

Mmmmmmmmm
the wine didnt have a detrimental effect
J

Ankie said...

my, so deep and meaningful at that time of night xx